Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Rad, Awesome, Totally Eh?

Last weekend was great. I went to Donna and Jenn's housewarming on Friday. Donna moved to the west-si-eed to 12th Avenue. Great two bedroom apartment facing northwest. I was so impressed with the apartment renovations by the building. New dishwasher and double pane windows. Great layout and spacious for Vancouver. I wondered how easy it would be to find a suite like that. The house warming had a nice mix of artsy, creative, and fun-types. Jenn owns Tickled Pink. Met another woman who makes corsets in Gastown. Women, doin' it for themselves! Truly fab!!!

 

On Saturday, we went to Paul's 30th birthday at his parents place in West Vancouver. Beautiful sweeping views from a very large, contemporary house. We had barbecue amongst other 80s-garb types. Great outfits and fun music. Siofan did a great job DJing. Old cheesy retro classics I had not heard in awhile. There even was a baby dressed as an aerobics instructor. Paul was dressed as Don Johnson. My mate went as a preppie (think Sixteen Candles) and I went as a punk rocker. I was the girl from the wrong side of the tracks. We even got to see the fireworks from English Bay. Totally awesome eh?

 

Slept in and went downtown to check out the summer shop sales. I went to Sears and usually do not find anything because it is geared towards older ladies. However, the second floor now carries more modern and contemporary brands. I mean really, where can a 30-ish gal shop when she does not want to dress like a 20-year-old social butterfly or a soccer mom? I got a great Conard C jacket in military green and a beautiful royal blue flared pattern skirt by Wear Else. A couple of pairs of jeans to boot. It is so difficult to find jeans that fit. Most stores target teenagers, so the jeans tend to be tight-fitting or low rise. I got two dark denim jeans. (Thanks Stacy and Clinton from What Not to Wear!)

Listening to: Heart - Magic Man

 

No comments: