Sunday, August 27, 2006

I Wanna Be With You Everywhere

Yesterday, Kelly and Omid came over to kidnap me for my birthday. Kelly brought me a loot bag that contained a birthday hat and horn, banana-smelling bubbles, silly glasses, a kaldescope, and many other silly things. I have not received a loot bag since I was a kid. Omid gave me a Shoop Sheep. He had put rocks in the box so it rattled when I shook it.

We went for brunch at Cafe Zen for eggs benny. Their eggs benny is the best in town. We drove towards Richmond along Burrard Street heading to our destination to play mini golf. Omid stopped the car and jumped out. We were perplexed trying to figure out where he went. He came back with balloons!. I got a pink balloon with Happy Birthday written on it and a golf balloon.

In the car, Omid threw confetti all over me. We stopped for lemonade and cookies at a stand on Arbutus between 3rd and 4th Avenue. A good deal for $3 for the three of us. The lemonade was actually very good.

We played mini golf at Harry's Golf Range in Richmond. The mini golf course was actually a real course with real grass (not astro turf). It was a lovely course. Thanks to Shirley for recommending it. We had a blast at the course. Some good shots, some not so good. Overall, it was the best birthday I have ever had. Mucho thanks to Kelly and Omid!

Listening to: Fleetwood Mac - Everywhere

 

No comments: