Wednesday, August 30, 2006

I've Got Sands In My Shoes

Today, Fasty & Gia exchanged vows of love, honour and committment on the playa. I wish I could have been there. She borrowed my blue Holey Soles to wear for the ceremony. So, I guess in some sense, I am there with them spiritualy. Congratulations to both of you! I am eagerly anticipating your wedding with your families in October.

 

Yesterday, I bought myself a couple of bunches of beautiful burnt orange flowers. Good thing I did this to add some colour to my day because it quickly deteoriated like a Shakespearean tragedy.

It is funny how you settle into your place in the world, a smile on your face and striding along happy in life--when something spins you right around and everything is turned upside down. Nothing is what it seems, people you thought you knew and were dear to you are gone.

No worries though, I have to suck it up and put on a brave face for school. Calculus waits for no one.

Listening to: Dido - Sand In My Shoes

 

No comments: