Sunday, August 13, 2006

Highway to Hell

Back from the road trip. It was a stressful experience that I wanted to end after one day in Banff. It was probably the worst road trip or vacation I had ever been on.

We were with a couple that fought constantly like an old-fashioned 1950s couple. The male was almost always dominating, condescending, controlling, and negative. It caused me to be stressed, unhappy and low. I felt like I was slowly drowning. My mate, a very good swimmer, refused to rescue me. By the time we went to Lake Louise, I had basically given up on the trip altogether. By the end of the week, my mate and I were no longer talking.

In the city, I always remove myself from the stressful or dysfunctional situation. On a road trip, you cannot. Thankfully, I somehow survived the week and made it home safe. My relationship did not.

Listening to: AC/DC - Highway to Hell

 

No comments: