Friday, August 04, 2006

Annual Road Trip

Shopped, packed, and ready to go on the annual road trip. We depart tomorrow for Shuswap Lake to meet up with a couple before heading to Golden overnight. On Sunday, I plan to go to the Wolf Sanctuary and an Edelweiss Village. I would like to go river rafting too, but I do not think I have the stamina or strength for it.

I have done my research in my Lonely Planet book and WHERE Rockies.

Then it is off to Banff for three nights to camp, hike, bike and explore. I am so excited to depart on this trip. It has been on my list of places to travel to for a long time. I am also hoping to visit the Banff Museum and Buffalo Nations Luxton Museum. I also want to see a First Nations dance demonstration at the Cascades Garden and hike to Bow Falls.

There are a lot of summits to hike up and lakes to hike around. Some areas have tea houses for rest and refreshment. I have a eagerness to see the Banff Springs Hotel because the movie The Shining was filmed there.

There are also hot springs in Banff and Jasper.

After Banff, we spend one night and two days in Lake Louise. I am hoping to do some canoeing there. Then it will be two nights and three days in Jasper. On the way back to Vancouver, we stay overnight in Kamloops before heading home.

My only fear or worry is becoming a bear snack. Stacy a la skewer. I read up on bear safety. I learned to not even leave or put anything in the tent that has a scent--even toothpaste or lip balm. Bear lockers store everything scented or tasty.

I have to be online on Thursday to register for classes at Langara. So, I'll try to post updates as I can. I will send postcards to loved ones. You know who you are. :o)

Thanks to Leanne for cat-sitting for me. Three cats is a tall order and requires master cat herding skills. Mind you, she is writing her thesis for her Masters in Psychology. Maybe she can psychoanalyze my minions.

Listening to: Tom Cochrane - Life Is A Highway

 

No comments: