Thursday, August 17, 2006

Pirates, JJ Bean, Tomato

The past couple of days have been hectic. When difficult times occur, they
come like a tsunami. At least work is good.

On Sunday, I went to JJ Bean on Commercial Drive to meet up with some performers from Radiant Heat. They were viewing the photographs taken from the Illuminaries show at Trout Lake. It sounds like the fire performance was great and the crowd was enthusiastic.

I got to see Todd, who I have not seen in awhile. He told me Pride Parade was fabulous except for the changed parade route. The stilt walkers had a difficult time going up and down hills. I saw a few photos Katia took and the costumes and performers looked beautiful. I wish I could have seen it I have never been to Pride Vancouver.

Afterwards, I went downtown to see Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest. I do not care what the critics say: It was disappointing or not as good as the first movie. It was a fantastic bridge movie in a trilogy. Every moment was enjoyable and entertaining. I really liked the new characters, especially the voodoo priestess. Great action sequeneces and comedy relief. I loved the three-way sword fight on the movie water wheel. Great conflicts at the end and a fantastic way to leave us hanging. I am eagerly anticipating the final movie in the trilogy.

On Tuesday, I met up with K8 for a walk in Queen Elizabeth Park. After sitting on a bench for awhile and gazing at the beautiful gardens, we met up with BT for dinner at the Tomato Fresh Food Cafe on Cambie and 17th. I had never been here before, but K8 said the brunch is very good. I ordered the Seafood Boubillaise, K8 had the Potato-Crushed Salmon, and BT had the Beef Tenderloin. The boubillaise was delicious. I had a bite of both of their meals and they were wonderful.

Tomato has been on my list of restaurants to try. I was heartily pleased by all aspects of the restaurant: service, ambience, and food. I would definitely return to Tomato to try their brunch and lunch.

For dessert, we went to La Casa Gelato on Veneables. K8 treated me to a scoop of White Chocolate and Raspberry. A great finish to a good day with friends. Tsk on them for tempting me to the Burn.

Listening to: Bow Wow Wow - I Want Candy

 

No comments: