Thursday, July 03, 2008

Just Because

Last week, I placed a Boylan's Vanilla Soda in the freezer to chill before drinking after purchasing it. Well, I forgot about it and it froze and expanded in the freezer. I had never seen the result of it before. It was kind of cool in a science experiment kind of way.


A really cool guy sent me a Haiku:

Alas my dead dog
Trusty friend for all these years
At least I won't starve



I bought two new rugs at Ikea the other day. The cats love them (like the futon Fasty & Gia gave me). I swear cats think you purchase stuff for them. I wanted to purchase a new entertainment unit, but I could not figure out what parts to choose to replicate the final result.


I thought of a great triple-feature 80s night. The movies would be Weird Science, Ferris Bueller's Day Off, and The Breakfast Club. Popcorn anyone?


So, a dear friend of mine came to visit me with a beautiful bouquet of flowers. When I asked why he was giving them to me, he said to thank me for a favour I did for him months ago. I was gobsmacked. I helped me because he asked for help. But the gesture was lovely.

We went for a walk at Kits Beach and stumbled upon a picnic with a great people beside Bitchez's car. We sat with them for a bit, laughing, people watching and graciously accept their offerings of delicious salad, sushi and cherries.

We continued on to Swiss Chalet for roast chicken dinner and Caramel Fudge Cheesecake.

Listening to: Simple Minds - Don't You Forget About Me

 

No comments: