Wednesday, September 27, 2006

The Duck Is Dead

A woman goes into the vets with a duck under her arm. The vet lifts the ducks head and it flops back down. "This duck is dead," says the vet. "I do not believe it", says the woman. "I want another opinion."

The vet opens the door and in comes a black Labrador. The dog sniffs the duck and shakes its head.

"There I told you," says the vet. "The duck is dead."

"I want another opinion," says the woman.

The vet calls and in comes a Siamese cat. The cat sniffs the duck and shakes its head.

"There I told you," says the vet. "The duck is dead."

"OK," says the woman. "I accept your diagnosis. Please give me your bill." (not part of the joke)

The vet gives her a bill for $2500 and the woman exclaims, "But you only said the duck was dead!"

"Yes," said the vet. "But I had to base my expert opinion on a lab report and a cat scan and they are expensive."


From: latenights in lotusland

 

No comments: