Tuesday, September 05, 2006

A la weekend

Had a nice relaxing labour day weekend. First time in years I stayed in town. On Saturday, I went downtown to run some errands and check out the store sales. I got some potential Xmas gifts on sale. In the evening, PoiBoy and I went to Drew and Erin's barbecue. They own a lovely house off Main Street. It is the kind of house I dream of owning myself some day. It had a beautiful back yard behind a three level, three bedroom house. The house had the master bedroom in a loft, hardwood floors, and a clawfoot bathtub.

Last week, I was missing everyone on the playa terribly. We briefly checked out the burn via web cam before going over to the Hollywood to watch Adam Sandler's movie Click. Christopher Walken was brillant (as always). The movie was actually quite fun and enjoyable--much more than I anticipated.

 

On Sunday, I went out to my dad's girlfriend to see my niece. We were suppose to go fishing with my cousins, but never actually made it happen. Instead, we drove around the countryside (Sardis) and bought some produce. I love Chilliwack peaches and cream corn! They were a great compliment to salmon for dinner. I read and played Legos with my niece.

We also watched Austin Powers and Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Difficult to sleep in the valley because it is so warm at night. Everyone has fans going 24/7 and the repetitive hum kept me awake.

On Monday, I took my niece swimming at the Abbotsford Recreational Centre. We peered at the dark ice rink. It does not open for another month. I wonder if I can teach her how to ice skate. The Centre has a nice childrens pool area. The hot tub faces a plasma tv. After the pool, we played Snakes and Ladders with Kevin. Then we all went to White Spot for lunch. We finished off the afternoon with an hour at Centennial Park on Mill Road.

She was sad to part afterwards. She said, "Don't go to Vancouver." Kelly told her that we had to go back to work so we can make money to visit again. I have not seen her in about a month. I missed her sixth birthday when I went on holiday. I gave her belated birthday presents. Her own pink Holey Soles and a pink water bottle. There was also a Dora colouring book, an Emily Train, and a pink butterfly shirt from Banff. Hopefully, I can see her again in two weeks.

 

Started Calculus I today at Vancouver Community College. First class is difficult to get the flow going after taking four months off for summer. I will get into the swing of things. Not looking forward to math homework and mid-terms. I still have another term of it in spring to finish up first year. Did not get my other class, Organizational Behaviour, because I did not make it into Jasper on time to register. Langara gives you a designated date and time to register. My registration date was a day when I was in Jasper on holiday. I ran late that day, so I did not get into the class. I think next term will be easier because work is going to flex around my morning classes.

Listening to: Chantal Kreviazuk - Leaving On A Jetplane

 

No comments: