Thursday, September 07, 2006

Thai Away Home

The other day, I was downtown running some errands. I went over to the West End to visit M_Files. She was washing the playa off her car. She lives in the same building as my cousin Kelly. It was great to see her and hear her tales from the playa. She expressed her amazement at the Belgian Waffle art structure. She said it was created by Belgians and it was burned at the end of the week. It was good to see her and briefly catch up. Hopefully, I will see her more often now that I have more dispoable time on my horizon.

On the way home, I stopped at Thai Away Home on Davie Street for delicious take-out. I ordered the Swimming Rama. They now service brown rice there and have many pre-made curries and sauces. I should try there pre-made take home frozen curries.

Finished the evening off eating my Thai food and watching Swimming Pool. An interesting movie about an English mystery authour who goes to France to work on her next book, only to unexpectedly share the house with her publisher's unusual French daughter.

 

Walked home from work and detoured to drop off some dresses to be dry cleaned. I have booked my flight for Fasty & Gia's wedding in Ontario next month. First time I will be flying Harmony Airlines. Miffed about not being able to bring water or juice on the flight. I like to stay hydrated. Worried the flight attendants will not come around often enough with fluids or I will have to pay $5 for a bottle of $0.18 tap water.

Walked up 4th Avenue and saw these cute Emk Clothing bags at Briers.

I bought my calculus text book and answer key. Both items were separate and together cost me just under $200. Sadly, I could not find a used set of books. Mind you, I should have started that task before the summer. An old classmate from precalculus is in my class; it is nice to see an old familiar face. I did start my review of precalculus (Chapter 1) today. Homework, *woo*. Listening to Ambient/Downtempo (Buddha Bar II and Alpha, and Deep Forest) does make it a bit more pleasant.

Listening to: Deep Forest - Sweet Lullaby

 

No comments: