Thursday, July 20, 2006

Trout Lake fire

We went to Trout Lake yesterday to watch Radiant Heat practice for the Illuminaries Lantern Procession.

Prior to going to Trout Lake, we stopped off at the Clubhouse for sushi. Clubhouse on 2nd Avenue east of Cambie Street is one of my favourite sushi places in Vancouver. Wednesday is the best day of the week for specials. Becky and Brian met up with us. I love their Sweet Jane Prawn Tempura Rolls. Great portions and prices, and of course cheap beer!

It was BT's birthday. So I gave him the Super Mario Mushroom t-shirt I purchase for him back in May at Fred Meyer when we went to Whidbey Island.

We watched the fire performers practice their routine for the show. I caught up with people I had not seen in awhile. It was good to be outside in the park surrounded by positive energy and happy faces. Smiles and hugs go a long way! After the sun set, we watched the performers light up and practice their routine with fire. It was a smokin' show! The best choreography I have seen from this talented group to date.

Oh, and a huge congratulations to Radiant Heat for being accepted to perform fire under The Man at Burning Man. (Photos from the night time will come when my mate uploads them.)

Listening to: Alanis Morisette - Crazy

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very pretty site! Keep working. thnx!
»