Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Fishin' with the Scotts

Spent a relaxing weekend because I still needed to recover from last weekend. Took a slower pace doing a few errands. Made a basic spaghetti sauce from scratch on Friday from my new Bonnie Stern Heart Smart cookbook.

 

Saturday, I helped a friend shop for wedding attaire. Not so easy. Lots of things that are inappropriate, do not fit great or look sharp. Took photos of the Spirit Bears downtown.

I am midway through Sophie Kinsella's Confessions of a Shopaholic which I started last week on the road trip. It is a funny story about a financial journalist in London who has a weakness for clothing, makeup, and shoes. Easy to read, entertaining and funny. Good light-hearted reading for summer.

In the evening, I went out to my cousins to hang out and go fishing with them in the morning. We grabbed takeout and were very disappointed by the runny frosties. We watched Cheaper By the Dozen 2. Funny and entertaining for minimal brain activity. I do not know how a parent can afford to raise 12 kids on a coach's salary. Amazing how Steve Martin can play a father without ever being one. I loved him in Parenthood. One of my all time favourite family comedies.

 

On Sunday, I went fishing with my cousins in Chilliwack. We got up early and were down by the fishing hole before 9 am. I had not fished in about 10 years. But it was like riding a bike. I got a few bites in the morning, but not much after that. We were out for hours. My niece dropped by for a visit with my dad. My cousin Kevin did well with four nice trout. Kelly got a nice wild salmon that was over 14 inches. We snapped a great photo of her catch (best one ever!) before we released it back into the river. We can only keep the hatchery raised salmon, not the wild.

Ended the evening with steak and trout for dinner with all the fixins'. Relaxed for a bit and watched Family Guy, Bromwell High, and The Simpsons before driving back to the city.

Listening to: Paul Simon - Slip Slidin' Away

 

No comments: