Friday, July 14, 2006

The Devil Wears Prada

Last night, I met up with Gia and some of her ex-coworkers for dinner and a movie. Eight of us went for dinner at the new Earls on Smithe Street downtown. Definitely pricier for basic food. But hanging out with outgoing and fun women is always a blast.

Women do not go out together enough. Men always go out often to drink, watch sports, and beat their chests. I wish women went out more often for breaks from juggling and multitasking daily routines and putting themselves last. So silly really. What could be more fun than culinary tasting and sipping cocktails with fabulous women?

Anyways, we went to see The Devil Wears Prada. Anne Hathaway is wonderful as the heroine, a recently graduated journalist in New York, who is trying to land any job at a major publication after exhausting all possibilities. She is accepted at Runway, based on Vogue as the second assistant to Melissa Priestly, Meryl Streep.

Meryl Streep is brillant as the magazines editor-in-chief. It is funny how Streep's character is branded as the Dragon Lady, when any man in a CEO position would be considered adminired, successful and powerful as the head of any Fortune 500 company.

Overall, the movie has great characters, dialogue, costume design, and plot. It has encouraged me to read the novel. I miss being a fashion maven. But shopping until you drop endlessly just supplies you with mounds of clothes, shoes and trinkets you really cannot afford unless you want to always be in debt.

 

This week, my Hotmail account has stopped working, or at least, no longer lets me login. I am not sure if other folks have experienced this problem. At first I was perplexed thinking I was mis-typing the password. Then, maybe, I thought that it locked me out temporarily for typing the password incorrectly a few times. After three days of fustration, I checked the secret question: "Where was your mother born?". I do not recall *ever* setting that question up. Even when I type in the correct answer, it does not let me in. For all I know, my email account could be sending mass-spam email.

So, if any people out there are receiving emails about how to become an ordained minister, or marry a foreign bride, or make lots of $$$, I deeply apologize for this situation and I hope it resolve itself in a week. I probably should change the password every month and include a mixture of uppercase and lowercase letters and numbers and a few symbols.

Listening to: Steve Miller Band - The Joker

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work. thnx!
»

Anonymous said...

This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»