Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Bad things comes in thr33s

Yesterday, was a complete write off. Fax toner exploded all over the floor and on part of my clothes at work, the fire alarm went off in my building after I came home because the dryer plug started to melt, and I received a threatening hand written letter in the postal mail.

I tried to turn the rest of the evening into a postive direction. I met up with Becky and we went to the Sunset Grill for wings. The wings were disgusting. Battered and oiled with a splash of teriyaki sauce. It was no Soho Bar & Grill.

We opted for a walk down at Kitsilano Beach. We strolled past some Bicentennial public art pieces in front of the Watermark. We continued to the beginning of Vanier Park and sat on logs at the Dog Beach next to the Maritime Museum.

The evening sky facing out to Howe Sound was beautiful. Whispy clouds scattered the sky and the sun was retreating towards the mountains. I was starting to feel much better.

We continued along the gravel path by False Creek. We stopped in front of a large tree before the Coast Guard station. We were about to say goodbye to each other before parting our separate ways, when I saw a large dark bird being chased by seagulls through some trees before the Burrard Bridge. Then the bird flew around the station and suddenly I saw an eagle flying over us. The eagle landed in the tree. In the tree was another eagle, a large nest, and baby eagles. The sighting of the family of eagles dispelled any negativity from the day.

Listening to: The Killers - Somebody Told Me

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

Anonymous said...

This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»

Anonymous said...

Hmm I love the idea behind this website, very unique.
»