Monday, January 26, 2009

Community Is Everything

This past weekend, I went up to Whistler with 21 other people to celebrate a friend's 40th birthday. We rented two 4-bedroom townhomes at the top of a winding road. We soaked in hot tubs, dined on french toast, bacon, ebelskivers, Indian curries and rice, and prime roast, danced, laughed, and sang. It was a great, relaxing weekend amongst some really great people. I think I am finally out of my winter fog. I have the sparkle back in my eyes.




In Burien, the Seattle burners and Ignition Northwest have created a public art space featuring The Passage from Burning Man. B/IAS (Burien Interim Art Space) was officially opened and celebrated this past weekend in South Seattle. The art structure will be open to the public for one year.

Listening to: Eurythmics - Miracle of Love

 

No comments: