Thursday, January 17, 2008

Things you can accomplish while off work

Well, I quit my job. I had been at a part-time job for almost two years. It was a publishing company for three magazines (fashion and tourism). I quit it last week and found a new job in two days. Administration in the Human Resources department of a non-profit organization that manages housing for seniors. I start Monday and could not be happier.

In the meantime, I have had the week off. It is amazing what one can accomplish in a week free of responsibility and routine. I have managed to accomplish the following tasks:

- catch up on sleep
- go on a coffee date
- grocery shop
- visit the doctor
- massage therapy
- catch up with homework
- take a friend to an appointment
- clean dish rack
- clean sink
- clean toilet
- mop bathroom floor
- Swifter floors
- cat tete-a-tete
- get a hair cut
- catch up with friends
- make long overdue phone calls
- have a Lush face masque
- update driver's license
- go for dinner and see Sweeny Todd


Needless to say, I keep having to check to see what day of the week it is. Thank dogness for having two day timers.


Listening to: The Cars - Let the Good Times Roll

 

No comments: