Monday, January 14, 2008

A la weekend

Whew, weekend went by quick, but I am so at ease because I quit my job on Friday. I have been there just shy of two years, but it was time to let go and move on. Also, passing through another cold. Nothing like the flu last month, or these sinus infections going around.

On Friday, I went to the VanCity Theatre downtown to see Daft Punk's Electroma. A fantastic artistic film about two robots attempting to become human. The film has long sequences with no dialogue. I found it interesting and intense. I think watching clips online would take away the impact of this film as a whole. I wish Daft Punk were touring in Vancouver.

On Saturday, I went for brunch and our first Burn BC board meeting. Long, but we managed to cover almost every agenda topic. A good start to a new beginning. I went over to A&G's after to play Cranium. First time ever and I am hooked! Cranium is awesome! I think it would be even better with more pairs of competitors.

We went over to Commercial Drive to get some take away. We saw an intriguing window display at Mintage. There were two mannequins in bed and a photographer taking their photo. A's son and I immediately thought of Hair Peace with John Lennon and Yoko Ono. A's son told me that Yoko is almost ready to forgive the assassin of John. We continued on by discussing the US presidential race and voting in Canada. That kid really wows me sometimes. He's so far along at his age.

After chowing down on Red Burrito and Belgian Fries, we watched I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry. Halfway through, B&D came over and I went to chat them up in another room. I missed the last half of the movie, but I heard it was quite predictable. We were all too knackered for another round of Cranium. Never did make it to the Work Less Party's Enchanted Forest.

Sunday, I slept in very late (which helped my health and lack of sleep all week). Went out to Surrey to visit with my niece. I have not seen her in a month and a half. We did the belated Xmas thing. I also took her to the mall so she could play at the indoor playground. It's such a test to take a child through the mall and do the tug-of-war of let her look at stuff and move her along. Finished the evening watching her play a N64 tank game and helping my dad surf real estate on the Internet. Even got some doggy action with Max.

Listening to: Dave Matthews Band - Too Much

 

No comments: