Thursday, January 03, 2008

Happy New Year

Yep, another year has gone by. I have to admit it, 2007 was one of the best years I have had in awhile. Why? I participated in local and regional BM events more, I hung out with old friends, I camped a lot, I went to England, I started dating again, and I got to hang out with my niece. There was also a lot of that maturing, growing and soul-searching hub-bub. But really, I am grinning, and it is from ear-to-ear.

I had to work new year's, but alas it's how I pay the rent. I grabbed Delilah and we met up with about 20 or so friends at a Skytrain Station for the 2nd Annual NYE Skytrain Party. There was even a live brass and percussion band. We decorated the train, danced, and drank. The Skytrain staff laughed hysterically and took photos when we rode by. We did a loop on the Millennium line. Most riders who got on our train were estatic and started dancing along with us.

After the train party, we went to Amanda and Geoff's for a lively and energetic karaoke party. They, as always, host with the most. We continued on to a loft party near Main Street where the mood was more demure. Both parties had impromptu fire performance jams. Rang in the new year well amongst great friends and free of paying a cash grab for entrance to a lame-ass bar or club. Could have continued on to another party, but decided to call it a night at 3 am.

I finally figured out why my Langara College registration time was so late from the start these past semesters. Apparently, the college did not process my transcript from first year. I learned this after receiving an error while trying to apply for second year courses. I did not fill out a Credit Transfer Application. Shesh, no wonder my GPA was ZERO. I did get into one course: Intro to Cultural Anthropology. Jesse always said I should take this course. Let's see if he's right.

Listening to: Timbaland feat. One Republic - Apologize

 

No comments: