Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Vacation: All I Ever Wanted

I saw Jimmy Kimmel's Unnecessary Censorship of Sesame Street recently and could not stop laughing.

Also of a laughing nature is Prop 8: The Musical. I know this was going around a few months ago, but I finally decided to watch it.

Tomorrow, I will be flying to Tokyo on a 10-hour JAL flight. I managed to arrange a cat herder at the last minute when my previous person fell through. Thank you Claire for offering to watch Choco Cat for me.



I recently read the story of Hachiko, Japan's most Faithful Dog. Hachiko was the loyal companion of Professor Uyeno in 1923. He always accompanied his owner to the train station and waited for him to returned and walk back home with him. He did this for two years. One day, the professor died at work and did not return home. The Akita dog continued to go to the train station and wait for him for 10 years until his death (the same spot he last saw his owner alive). There is a statue in Shibuya to honour Hachiko.

I am really looking forward to 18C warmer weather in Tokyo. However, I hear it can be quite windy at times. I miss my scarf.

Listening to: Jim Sturges - Across the Universe

 

No comments: