Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Heard It Was A Full Moon

Here is a link to Validation the movie.


Flight of the Conchords' Ladies of the World




Flight of the Conchords' songs were the anthems of my weekend in Victoria. The weekend in Victoria was great. We had brunch at Floyd's, Pho at Pho Vy, and partied Carnivale-style at a Firehall in Sannich.


After work, I ran around downtown crossing off errands. I tried to find another scarf to replace the one that was stolen from the Waldorf party two weeks ago--no luck. That was my favourite scarf. *grr* I bought my Japan rail pass with 20 minutes before closing to spare. One week from now, I will be on my JAL flight with a Cheshire grin and worshiping JAL flight attendants. Arigato gozaimasu!



I also went to MAC to buy some face products, including the lipstick and lipliner I had to replace that were stolen in my wool coat. I also picked up a beaver skiing snowglobe for Mike's sister's mother-in-law in Japan. I also bought his s-n-l a bunch of cute dollar-store stickers (she is a teacher) and a shwack of chocolate (she's craving Reese's Peanut Butter Cups and Balls). I also bought some cute Vancouver fridge magnets to give away. A cute bear ornament I bought broke on the way home. I am going to see if the Maintenance guy at work can help me fix it.

Man, this Imperial Earl Gray tea from T is good, especially with Tim Tam's. I learned about Tim Tam's in Australia. You bite off one end of the biscuit, then the other and suck the tea through and eat it. I recently found Tim Tam's at London Drugs.

I forgot I have to do my taxes, or beg my cousin too. She did them last year... by hand. I usually buy Quicktax and split the cost with others. Last year, I bribed her with steak and lobster dinner at The Boathouse at English Bay. You may say QB is cheaper than surf & turf for two, but she's really good company.

Tea sips... yum. I just have to finalize my packing list and actually start packing. I also bought used Mary Lawson's Crow Lake to read on the flight. My massage therapist recommended Lawson to me.

I bought some yuppie black Pumas today. I wanted black sneakers to wear at work and in Japan. I have tried on so many black sleek sneakers to no avail. So I broke down at bought them at Brown's in The Bay. I also bought a pair of Ed Hardy's with a funky koi pattern.

Oh yeah, I have yet another cold. Third one of the year thus far. Thank goodness it is a mild one. It should be gone by the weekend. I guess I shouldn't have been... yadda yadda... this past weekend.

Listening to: The Fixx - Saved By Zero

 

No comments: