Monday, February 23, 2009

Illuminate Yaletown

I went to Yaletown's first annual Illuminate Festival on Saturday. There were about 25 art installations including an ice living room, ice bonfire, light spheres, wall projections, shadow theatre, and light panels.



The highlight of the festival was Radiant Heat's fire performance shows. Radiant Heat performed three shows with a grand finale in front of EQ3.

I was surprised the event was not car-free. Pedestrians were everywhere with children and toy dogs. It was one giant car park. I thought it was strange the Roundhouse Community Centre did not have an open house for the event either. Apparently, the festival was such a hit, it will be back next year for the Olympics.

Listening to: Oscar the Grouch - I'm Sad Because I'm Happy

 

No comments: