Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Bear's Last Night With Me

So, Bear still has kidney stones (they did not pass or dissolve) and he has not eaten much in the last 24 hours. He is spending this evening with me and I believe it to be our last together. I keep listening to Sungha Jung play guitar on YouTube.

I cannot stop crying. I do not know how I will make it through the rest of this week. It is tough to accept this fate after I saw him so animated and eating after the surgery. I try not to dwell on the what-ifs. I try to accept and understand that it is just his time. But it's difficult. He's so weak and is nauseous. He confuses the nauseous with food, not his kidneys.

I have another mid-term tomorrow morning. It will be right after we say our final goodbye.

Listening to: Sting - Fields of Gold

 

No comments: