Thursday, November 06, 2008

Bear Cat

Bear was acting weird this morning. I did not know where he was. I called and searched for him. Eventually, he came out in a daze.



When I came home from work, he was very mewey. He was not affectionate as per usual. He did not sit or lay in his usual haunts. I was suppose to go out this evening. I kept checking on him. On the third check, he was having a seizure. I was a little freaked out to say the least.

I took him to the Animal Emergency hospital. I was there back in February with Stimpy. It's a mere $180 to walk in the door. He was breathing rapidly. They placed him on oxygen to get his blood pressure down. The drained his bladder. I tried to recount his behaviour, eating and waste habits over the past few days. It was difficult. Had he been eating? Has he been peeing?

Once his blood pressure was down and bladder was drained, he was a bit more perkier (vet's term). Although, when I was talking to the vet, Bear started to have another seizure. She gave him some valium and wanted to keep him over night. With the cost of keeping him over night, blood work, and an x-ray, it was an estimated $1500. Wow.

I had planned to travel to Seattle for an annual event, but I think I will stay in town instead. I do not know how I will sleep, let alone go to work tomorrow.

Listening to: The Cure - Love Cats

 

No comments: