Thursday, February 28, 2008

Stimpy RIP



Well, yesterday I came home from school and Stimpy was in very rough shape. For about a month, he had lost most of his body weight and stopped eating and drinking. I thought it was a response to changing the cat food or Choco beating him up. He would generally hide all day on a dining chair under the table or under the bed.

I switched the cat food back to the regular stuff, and he perked up a wee bit. Slept on the bed one night with me and cuddled on the sofa a few times. Last night, he was flopped down and could not even sit up. He cried a lot. I took him to the vet and found out he had liver cancer. His blood pressure and red count were so low. He was critically dehydrated.

It was so difficult to let him go. I am dying inside. We had a good 14 years together. I miss him waiting for me to go to bed or following me around the apartment. I knew this day would come sooner or later. I wish he did not have to suffer. I know he knew I loved him. I hope he is at peace now.

Listening to: The Verve - Freshman

 

No comments: