Sunday, February 17, 2008

Idiot Box



Well, I have been watching a bit of tv here and there. Just finished Big Love Season 2, Nikita Season 4, Harvey Birdman Season 2, half of the Banana Splits show, and almost all of Entourage Season 4. Loved the start of Cashmere Mafia and Gossip Girl (the new trashy 90210).

Cashmere Mafia has great group of female characters. I particularly love Frances O'Connor's character, mind you, all the characters are charming and irresistible.

I started watching Douglas Coupland's Jpod. I read most of the book on my trip to England last year and laughed nonstop. The pilot is actually quite likable, but their office space is so unrealistic.

I just watched, actually fast-forwarded through, Candace Bushnell's Lipstick Jungle. I found all the characters pathetic, whiny and feeble. How did these women ever make it onto New York's list of most successful women?


Movies of late that I have watched and absolutely loved:

Juno - I loved this film from start to finish. One of the best films I have seen in a very long time. Jason Reitman did a fantastic job directing, well cast (loved Ellen Page as Juno), great dialogue, and well paced. Laughed a lot and almost cried a bit.

Little Miss Sunshine - Great film. Loved all the characters the plot. I cannot wait to see Abigail Breslin in other films.

Paris, Je T'aime - A great group of short films by many diverse and talented directors about stories of love in the city of love.

Postcards From the Edge - Carrie Fisher's film about a mother and daughter relationship with Meryl Steep and Shirley MacLaine. Great acting all around and a great group of supporting actors.

Russian Dolls - Foreign film about Xavier, a writing, and his love life before a reunion of five adults who lived together in Barcelona.

Waitress - Keri Russel is a pie contessa in a small town working away at a diner as she contemplates leaving her abusive husband. She is delightful in this quaint film.

Listening to: Dire Straits - Money For Nothing

 

No comments: