Thursday, February 07, 2008

She Works Hard For the Money

Well, today and yesterday have been the busiest days of work at my new job. Almost at the end of my third week. Yesterday, there were two back-to-back meetings I had to attend and take minutes at for a total of three hours. So, I lost three hours of regular work. Today, was a lot of help three different department heads, revise agendas and minutes, and try to do some daily work and whittle down some ongoing projects. I definitely feel challenged and happy at this job.

I so bad: I forgot about a Neuro-Muscular appointment at my dentist tomorrow. I had to book it two months in advance, and now I have to rebook it because I have another meeting to attend tomorrow.

A few weekends ago, some of us Canuckastanis went down to Seattle to J&M's house warming party. They have a lovely rancher in South Seattle. I wish I could co-own something like that in the GVRD. Our prices are a wee bit inflated. We went to a great place for brunch called Linda's on Pine Street in Capitol Hill. It was also nice to visit Mom & Dad.

Last weekend, we celebrated Geoff's 40th birthday. K-Rec DJed fabulously and mixed in Frank Zappa samples. The party was a Adidas, Volkswagen, and Frank Zappa themed party. I also participated in the second annual Bunnarchy. We started at Lennox and made our way down Robson Street, Commodore Bowling Lanes, and the Odyssey. Good times had by all, including our hop through a coffee shop.

Listening to: Pointer Sisters - Automatic

 

No comments: