Monday, July 30, 2007

Garfield Disliked Mondays

Well, it's interesting how when you are in dire need of doing laundry, you have to resort to wearing pretty, sexy panties to work. They are not the most comfortable to wear all day long at work (being, you know, their cut, style, lace and size), but hey it's better than going commando.


Saturday evening, Illuminaries at Trout Lake was magnificent. I missed it last year, due to attending an 80s themed birthday party at a posh house in West Vancouver. We watched the fireworks from his parents expansive stone-tiled deck facing downtown. I can't resist anything to do with the 80s. Nonetheless, the lantern festival this year had even more lanterns, performance art, fire shows, and people this year.

Radiant Heat rocked it with their choreographed performance and beautiful costumes. I almost missed the second show because we could not find the correct location (there were three fire shows in all).

After the show, I sat with friends on the hill and had interesting conversations about relationships, chemistry, defense mechanisms, and communication issues. Funny, how as adults, we still go through the same motions.


I have a new guilty pleasure: Gene Simmons Family Jewels. My cousins were watching the tv show marathon on A&E. I laughed constantly during the episode and the Simmons Family. Total riot! It did not feel or seem as staged as some of the other celebrity reality tv shows. I was surprised to learn that he and his wife Shannon are polyamourous. I was also impressed the kids are so down-to-earth and normal.

 

No comments: