Thursday, August 02, 2007

Summer Feels Good

Yesterday was fun. Not the work part, but the post-work part. Some coworkers and I met up after work and we went to the new Hapa Izakaya in Kitsilano. Yummy Japanese tapas and drinks. Ahi tuna, sashimi salad, chicken wings and Korean rice along with raspberry vodka ice-tea (I am going to try it replicate it). Not difficult for four people to spend $80 and still be hungry and sober.

We kicked it up a notch with Bellinis at Browns Social House. Much better with spinach and artichoke dip and yam fries. The drinks and yam fries were divine. I think we have to keep up traditions for Tuesday Bellini night. I think I will be back there on Friday for dinner before heading south to Seattle.

We finished off the warm evening by watching the Celebration of Light with China's fireworks display at Kitsilano Beach.

 

After work today, I went to MEC to get a head lamp for camping and some turtle LED lights. I have been wanting a head lamp for years and it really helps see in a dark tent at night.

At home, I managed to cool off by drinking Breyers vanilla frozen yogurt and Baileys in a Simpsons slurpee cup.

Currently, I am painting my toes Suzy Loves Sydney by and Bogota Blackberry OPI. Got to have pretty toes for holey soles and my new Utilikilt.


Listening to: Alex Gaudino - Destination Calabria

 

No comments: