Thursday, August 16, 2007

On Tuesday, I went to the Vancouver Art Gallery with a friend to see the Monet to Dali exhibit from the Cleveland Museum of Art. It is probably the best exhibit to date at the VAG. Paintings from Impressionist, Post-Impressionists and Expressionists. The art is absolutely breathtaking.

There is also an exibit by Andrea Zittel titled Critical Space. She is an artist from California and her exhibit showcases works and textiles influenced by mainstream culture, psychology, technology, and consumerism. I really loved the Escape Vehicles, floating islands, modular living spaces, capsule living unit, and dresses.



 

Last night, I went over to a friend's to sew fun-fur boot covers. They look so cute! Eskimo kiss anyone?

Working on last minute preparations, scavenging and shopping for my trip to Burning Man. I am on track with only a few more things to get (parasol, cd zip case, groceries...). I am starting to feel the butterflies and jitters. I can't wait to be on the road. I started writing down events, parties and invites in my little black book.

I think I am going to volunteer at Costco! So excited. That afternoon, there is a Catholic skool party. Hmm... the possiiblities! Can you tell I am giddy like a skool girl?

Listening to: Stereo MCs - Step It Up

 

No comments: