Thursday, October 12, 2006

Cambridge, Ontario and Fasty & Gia's Wedding

I went to Cambridge, Ontario for Fasty & Gia's wedding on Thanksgiving weekend.

It was such a pleasure to attend the wedding and meet both of their families. I learned a lot about Portuguese culture and family spirit. There was plenty of feasting and festivities. I was officially adopted by Gia's father into his family.

The day of the wedding, Gia's sister rented a Rolls Royce limo and we rode around in it while we had our hair and makeup done. Fall is so beautiful in Ontario. The trees were brushed with reds, oranges, and yellows.

I was nervous about speaking at the wedding (first wedding speech ever). But it went over very well and I received compliments. Not only did I make Gia cry, but her father as well. I kept it all together during the ceremony and speeches, but I completely lost all composure during their first dance to Peter Gabriel's In Your Eyes.

Being at the wedding and staying with Gia's family really encouraged me to find someone to spend the rest of my life with and build a relationship that is based on a foundation of committment, respect, loyalty, and communication.

All the couples on both sides near my age range never fought and you could feel the connection of love, support, and happiness between each. Lots of little ones too. I got to spend some memorable and fun moments with Fasty's niece.

Listening to: Lee Ann Womack - I Hope You Dance

 

1 comment:

stevenjared0853 said...

Well, that would have been an amazing weekend for sure. I am also planning to book one of the outdoor wedding venues for my daughter’s wedding. I am very happy to see her marry the love of her life who is also her childhood best friend.