Monday, May 08, 2006

Tiësto

Last night, we went to see Tiësto at the Commodore Ballroom. What a show! I have seen him perform before and he delivered full force as expected. I love the fact that he is usually focused completely on his mixing, prepping the next track, or waving to the crowd. He's one of the hardest, modest, and appreciative working DJs in the world. I missed Tiësto at Burning Man last year, so I was happy to see him last night.

I can recall another uber-DJ I saw in Las Vegas one New Year's Eve at the House of Blues in Mandalay Bay, and all he did was put on a record and pump his fists in the air. He had giant video screens beside him promoting his record lablel and his signed artists. He did not mix any tracks, did a one-hour set (same set every show on tour to the T), and the put on U2's When the Streets Have No Name until it ended and there was silence. I also heard he cleared the floor last year at Burning Man.

The show was filled with a variety of freaky types wacked beyond belief. Why anyone would want to make their night so excessive, they cannot even focus or enjoy the show is beyond me. The place smelled like sweat, barf, cigarettes and cologne. Lots of people twitching with sunglasses on, swaying, standing and sitting. Night of the living dead.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»