Sunday, October 05, 2008

A La Weekend

The weekend was a blast. I went to a fun hipster party on Friday that had a great group of people, DJs, live PA, and grilled tasty meats in a beautiful loft in Gastown. Met a bunch of new cool people, danced, and got to hang with some great Victoria people. Happy 4th Anniversary P6!


We (me + Victoria peeps) continued our twenty-four hour extravaganza with brunch at Locus. Best apple-cinnamon pancakes ever. I love their apple-raspberry juice. I ran my guests back to the ferry terminal just as it started to get stormy. Stormy days are best spent in bed cuddling with a lovely warm body. But a girl cannot have everything she desires. Well, maybe. I am currently taking applications.

Tried to nap, but really what was the point. I can push through on 5 hours sleep. I went back down to Gastown for Erin's stagette party. She has a funky loft in Gastown. We started out by Blue-in' Up in blue accessories, ribbons and pom-poms.

We nibbled and drank, and then headed to Salt. This restaurant serves amazing pinic-portion tapas. You can pick your wine, spirits or beer, and server will help you choose a tasting platter or meats, cheeses, and condiments. The beef tenderloin, farmhouse brie and ash camembert, and an Australian shiraz were a perfect compliment. With slices of French bread, you can nibble away and wow your taste buds at every bite.

Slightly tipsy in a short skirt and big black boots, we refreshed back at the loft and then headed to Lotus. We danced the evening away with a blue cheer here and there.

I meant to go to Donna's birthday party around midnight, but I just could not muster the stamina. I was yawning and beat from a craptastic week. I will have to make it up to her BIG TIME. I wasn't sure how late her party would be going on until. I am pathetic. IOU a good time out on the town!


I am attempting to study for my mid-term on Tuesday. Unfortunately, procrastinating is winning. It does not help that I am stressed by all the crazy people falling apart around me. How did I not get that Memo?

Listening to: Seal - Crazy

 

1 comment:

Donna said...

I think I finally hit the sack after finally shooing the last few guests out at about 6am... :D

was an awesome party, sorry you couldn't make it! we'll have to have another... :)