Tuesday, September 30, 2008

A La Weekend

The weekend was fantastic. I did not do enough homework as I liked or should have, but the weather was spectacular! Do not get me wrong, I love fall. The leaves changing colour the briskness in the air. I long to go to Whistler or Tofino.

On Saturday, I met up with some friends at the Cat's Meow at Granville Island. We had some bites and drinks on the patio before seeing the Dream Science Circus at the Waterfront Theatre. The group of talented performance artists are based out of Bellingham, Washington and this was their first show in Vancouver. I cheered and clapped in awe throughout all the performances. The interaction with the audience was amazing!




After, we lounged at the Arts Club on overstuffed leather sofas over rounds of tasty beverages. I got to catch up with friends, some of whom I had not seen in quite some time.


On Sunday, I went to the Clothing Swap at the Granview Legion. The sun was bursting through the sky and I felt a tough too warm in jeans. I only managed to find two items and I dropped off a medium sized bag of donations. Abel managed to find clothing to fill two medium bags. What a great community event.

We replenished our energy at Me & Julio. I had the amazing halibut and mango salsa tacos with drinks on the patio. The Executive Chef mentioned slyly that she still receives slack from devotees for dropping the brunch menu. Tsk.

We walked up and down The Drive and stopped for gelato. I love apple gelato. Yum, nice top to a beautiful day.

I am now addicted to Zoo Tycoon. Why can't I make the chimpanzees and clouded leopards happy? Apparently, guests did not like my first zoo. *grumble*

Listening to: Paul Simon - Me and Julio

 

No comments: