Sunday, October 28, 2007

Sky Train Party, Parade of Lost Souls

On Friday, I went to the Sky Train Party that was looping from Clark Station to Main Street. The party filled up three train cars and had a live DJ on the first car. The attending police were very cool and laughed a lot.

There was an outdoor party afterwards with free jello shots. The Master was my favourite costume.

Then we went to the Anza club for a drink and live music. I had never been there before. It is like an old cottage or coach house on Ontario and 8th Avenue. Our last stop was Gigi's for baked pasta on Broadway between Cambie and Main Streets.


On Saturday, a friend I went to Commercial Drive for the Parade of Lost Souls. We started our evening at Stella's. I had a delicious raspberry vodka cocktail called a Blind Date. We shared tasty tapas including calamari, hummus and ahi tuna. We had a great view of the costumed revelers on the street.



Some of my favourite costumes were this orange demon, Lego Man, Beaker, Princess and Mario, the Fortune Teller, and a bartender with his own bar. Wish I saw the Queen of Narnia, Facebook and A-Team, and Robot Kitty.

Watched the second show by Radiant Heat at Mosaic Park off of Charles and McLeans streets.

Listening to: The Shins - New Slang (Garden State Soundtrack)

 

No comments: