Thursday, October 25, 2007

Mark Tewksbury Is a Great Movtivational Speaker

I had an opportunity to hear Mark Tewksbury speak at the annual Vancouver Tourism Awards. The event took place at the Sheraton Wall Centre. Beautiful hotel and a successful event. Wished I worked in the front-line of the tourism industry because the door prizes were amazing. Trips, nights at hotel, tours, dinners, and the three grand prizes were packages to Whistler, Seattle, and Banff and Calgary.

Mark Tewksbury is an Olympic bronze, silver, and gold swimmer from Calgary. He talked about 5 steps to visualize, plan and achieve your goals. I guess they are summarized from his new book. He is a good public speaker and very inspiring and motivational. I left the gala on an elated high.


I am trying to figure out the weekend. There is the Parade of Lost Souls of course. I really want to go to that unless it is pouring rain. Maybe mix in a few chores, some social mixing, and a movie and coffee or two and we might have a weekend.

I am so dismayed that my Calculus II course I need to take to finish my first year is being offered in the middle of the day. The college used to offer one of the courses in the evening. Don't they realize some of us have to work during the day? That college is so poorly managed, it is unbelievable.

I also have to go down to South Vancouver to update my address at another college. Useless. I would rather do it online or over the phone.

Listening to: Paula Cole - I Don't Wanna Wait

 

No comments: