Monday, October 22, 2007

Autumn Has Arrived

I am trying to remember the past month and a half, and I cannot recollect what I has transgressed. I know there has been plenty of movie nights, potlucks and movie viewing. On Thanksgiving weekend, I got to hang with my niece for two days and one night. That was awesome as usual. We went to Mill Lake Road Park, the Vedder River for salmon fishing, and she read to me before bed time. We also walked the dog Max.

I also volunteered at the After Burn to fundraise for the Burn BC project(s). That was a long, but exciting evening. The first party at the Waldorf was an incredible success and exceeding our expectations. There were DJs, performance artists, live bands, stilters, and a fire show.



 

This past weekend, I went to the Work Less Party Masquerade. It was a blast! A great mix of good energy, people in great costumes, performance art, body painting competition, and live music. My only dismay results from the fact that the two crowd favourite competitors, Fatman and Spiderman who were both outstanding crowd favourites, did not win any of the four categories for body art and talent. Some great costumes were Princess & Mario, Ghosbuster, Brokeback Mountain, and a gorgeous Silver Hooper Goddess.

I also went to Shebeen Whiskey behind the Irish Heather on Friday for a friend of a friend's birthday. What a grand place to celebrate. It feels like you are at a little bar in the old world (19th century Coach House). Met a few folks who worked with people from my past. The place is a bit tricky to find, but cozy once you get there.

Listening to: Jim Sturgess - I've Just Seen a Face (Across the Universe Soundtrack)

 

No comments: