Friday, November 10, 2006

Here Comes the Rain Again

Blah, I hate canker sores. I use to get them years ago when I was in a stressful relationship. I do not think I have been stressed as of late, other than the make-up calculus mid-term. That means another mid-term and final exam to go!

Well, there is the part about trying to find a new place to live. Slim pickins' in Kitsilano and everything is either very expensive for a one-bedroom or No Pets. What's a girl to do? You read in the media about poor folks being evicted on Xmas because building owners want to renovate and charge sky high rents. You just never think it is going to happen to you. Not too mention, people who put down a measley down payment and expect a renter to pay the mortgage at $1,000 per bedroom.

On a side note, I started mingling in the dating scene again. It has been so long, I have to really analyze siutations to figure out whether or not I am being flirted with. "Is that a line?" and "Are you hitting on me?". Amongst other things, my Gaydar is completely off. I cannot tell if a guy is Metro or Gay these days.

Last weekend, a group of us went Cosmic Bowling. It was such a blast! I had not been for a few years. I used to go often before my body was ravaged by a few car accidents. The muscle tension and knots hold me back (no pun intended). Yoga will help though, I should drop into a class this weekend. Hopefully, by spring I will be able to be more active.

Tis' the season of rain and gray in Vancouver. Oh wait, there's wind today too. Today is my stat holiday for the long weekend. Everyone else is getting Monday off. Kind of wierd, but it was set by the head office in Toronto at the beginning of the year. I just have to make it through the next month of math homework and tests, work, and then there is Christmas fun! *Santa, Santa, Santa... Presents, Presents!

Listening to: Eurythimcs - Here Comes the Rain Again

 

No comments: