Thursday, June 22, 2006

Playland

I went to Playland yesterday with my mate, my cousins and her friend. Total blast because it was VIP: free entrance, rides, a midway game, and snacks.

I kind of like PNE a bit better because the other side of the park is open and the other activities and shows are available. However, free is always good. We had a fabulous time. I have not been to Playland in several years.

We rode on the Ferris Wheel, Enterprise (my favourite as an adult), Wave Swinger, and Pirate. My cousin and her friend also did Baywatch. The roller coast line up was far too long (them, not me).

Funny, how when we stopped for hotdogs and popcorn, and we ran into Becky, Brian, James and Erin. Nice randomness, I looked away and looked back, and Brian was standing right in front of me grinning. Token shoe shot.

I got my cotton candy fix (thanks Omid!). We tried to win a prize with better odds by playing a game together. That one where you roll the ball up and try to get your horse to move fast. Unfortately, I did not get to sit beside everyone else. That must have ruined our zen, because we did not win. Those Family Guy plush dolls were lookin' fine.

We ended the night stocking up on cotton candy (one for my niece--pink of course!) and a ride in the sunset sky on the Wave Swinger. We wanted the Music Express, but the line was too long. I wish it still went backwards. The Wave Swinger was my favourite as a kid. I also digged the Grand Prix as a youngin'.

How I yearn for the PNE... and minidonuts!

Listening to: AC/DC - Thunderstruck

 

No comments: