Thursday, June 08, 2006

Fire Is As Fire Does

I woke up this morning at 7 am from another burner dream. It must have been triggered by watching a Radiant Heat fire performance practice. Their choreography was fantastic. It made me want to go to the burn this year. I was starting to rationalize going only for the weekend.

I have been previously for five years. I was yearning for a break. But the pull is strong--even more so than in 2003 when I went to Australia instead. I remember waking up the burn night on Saturday in the middle of the night. I sat upright instantly in a tent on the Oregon Coast and fainty said, "the Man is gone...".

Yesterday, I kept manically saying I should have gone to the burn this year instead of last year. More people I know are going this year, I could have volunteered at Camp Stimulation (a coffee camp on the 9 o'clock plaza), or Recycle Camp or Sanctuary. Moreover, I could have provided fire tech safety services for Radiant Heat's fire performance under the Man. What a honour and experience that would be.

I dreamt that I was on a tour group and we were passing through Black Rock City. The BMORG had setup a tourist information centre complete with sample costumes, theme camps, souveniers (I saw KGFY lunchboxes), and aisles for Virgins, and Health and Safety (condoms, lube), etc.

Once I walked down the long path to the entrance way (similar to the actual event entrance), I started crying. I cried the whole time touring the information centre. I saw BT and we hugged. He gave me some words of encouragement and support. He had this great smile on his face all the time. I saw Teresa and she was lying on a blanket with a friend. She got up to hug me too.

What I could not get over was the waterfall of waterworks. Was I grieving the end of my burner days? I am not quite sure. After I woke up (an hour earlier than I have to), I kind of just layed there and thought about ever aspect of the dream. I usually do not remember dreams, but burner dreams are so vivid and emotional.

When the clock radio finally turned on, the song playing was America's A Horse With No Name. I love this song and it reminds me of the desert.

o/~ I been through the desert on a horse with no name

It felt good to be out of the rain

In the desert your can remember your name

Cause there ain't no one for to give you no pain

(la la la...) o/~


The song coming on was so eerie. Coincidence is sometimes like a jolt from the centre of the earth. It is random, but sometimes you want so deeply to believe that it is not.

Listening To: America - "A Horse With No Name"

 

No comments: