Monday, June 16, 2008

A La Weekend

I had a great, relaxing weekend that finally felt like summer! So many options--it was difficult to fit in as much fun things as possible in only 2 days.

I arose early on Saturday and went to yoga. Then, I headed out to the burbs to visit my dad, niece, Max the dog, and the two cats. My niece, her friend and I went to the primary school playground for the afternoon. We hung out and played in the woods behind the school. We built bridges through bushes and ate salmon berries. It reminded me of being a kid (minus the bmx bike). My niece's friend exclaimed, "You're so cool!". Damn skippy.

Finished the evening off visiting with BT, Delilah and Jay. We opted for gelato at La Casa. Always a tough decision there with all those flavours and huge lines, but I opted for the usual maple walnut and banana fudge. Delish! We chilled and watched old retro silly clips on You Tube.


On Sunday, I went to Amanda and Geoff's for pancake breakfast. Best pancakes eva! We went over to Commercial Drive for Car-Free Days. The event seemed even busier than last year for it's third official annual event. I did not like the Tribal Harmonix stage at the bottom of the street at Veneables. Lots of live music, peformance art, booths, and vendors. I bought two gorgeous pairs of poi. I cannot wait to jam with them at the beach.

Met up with Poiboy to hit up the Main Street event. It definitely had a different vibe with the hipster crowd. Not bad for their first year.


So ANNOYED at the Conservative Tories government for proposed Bills to restrict nautropath and natural products, new immigration restrictions (deemed racist), fines for copyright infringement ($20k for uploading and $500 for downloading), and censorship on television and films (Young People Fucking). I did not vote for the Tories. Boo on you apathetic Canadians who did not vote. *sigh*

Listening to: John Lennon - Working Class Hero

 

No comments: