Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Rain... As Per Usual...

Well, it's raining, just in time for the upcoming weekend and my camping trip. I camped three times in the rain last year. I have to buy tent poles for my tarps. I am camping in a valley this weekend in Washington.

On Sunday, Mo Faux and I went to see the exhibit Town Without Pity at the Elissa Cristall Gallery on South Granville. The exhibit by Jim Ramsay is a collaboration of 24 artists from Vancouver, Toronto, London, Staten Island, Boston, Seattle, Palm Springs, Sweden, Scotland, and Tokyo; each artist has contributed one aspect or building to the main street of the Town Without Pity. It is fantastic and a must see. There were many favourites, including Wal-Mort (and I was lucky enough to meet the artist).

After, we went to Wicked Cafe, again, for warm beverages. Two times in one weekend. We sauntered on downtown to brave the crowds at the new H&M at Pacific Centre. Dreadful, long lineups. I managed to get a few sexy, satin tops and some bling. I love H&M and have been a devoted fan since experiencing it in New York.

We wandered around Granville Street before heading to Clubhouse for tasty sushi. We had a bit of everything until we were no longer fading from all the walking and shopping. I have not been there inawhile, but it is definitely one of my favourite sushi spots. With all the development along 2nd Avenue between Cambie and Main Streets, it won't be long before that place has lineups down the street.

Listening to: Madonna - Rain

 

No comments: