Wednesday, April 30, 2008

A La Weekend

On Friday, I went to Steamworks Pub for drinks with Gia and Marie. We watched the sunset off the harbour by Canada Place over appetizers and drinks. We finished the evening with a walk along Coal Harbour and stopped to view the art installation Device To Root Out Evil. Some neighbours feel the art piece is an eyesore, but I think it is a lovely piece of public art. It was voted the favourite from the Vancouver Sculpture Biennale Exhibition.




It was only last weekend I felt free of school. Where I did not have lingering homework to-do-lists and deadlines looming on the back of my mind. I could completely relax, sleep in and let loose for the summer. I am already planning the many park and beach visits, road trips, and camping trips.


On Saturday, I went to the Cambie for some long overdue and much craved poutine and perogies. Made a detour to Deadly Couture across the street. Bought a lovely satin and red printed skirt with a matching collar. I discussed having a turquoise corset made by the lovely and talented seamstress.

In the afternoon, I went to the Earth Day celebration at Jericho Beach. Slight detour at Cuppa-Joe on Alma and Broadway, as Delilah and I walked up to the beach, we saw a bunch of clowns barbecuing and bocce-ing on the beach. I said, "What are the chances we know those clowns?" Sure enough we did. Ran into Rey, Lola and Steve. Lola and Steve brought hula hoops. I still cannot master that art. Maybe some day with plenty of practice. The festival had a peddle-powered puppet show and a stage with live music. Better setup and more interactive booths than last year. Silly me, I forgot my camera!

We were bored and I wanted to dance, so Gia, Angel and I went to Sin City. Great people watching and costumes, but the music was disappointing with only dreary Goth and Hello Kitty Rave dominating. I guess I am spoiled by Twilight Zone days of Goth/Indust/Electro/Punk genres. I was hoping to really dance hard.


On Sunday afternoon, I met Michael and Xandra for his Birthday Free Hugs at the Vancouver Art Gallery. We gave out a reasonable amount of hugs, but our quotas were low because of the rain. A lot of people would not hug-it-out for fear of a gimmick or catch. Tsk!

Listening to: Utah Saints - What Can You Do For Me

 

1 comment:

Donna said...

ooh, Jenni (of deadly couture) is *awesome*. I bought my rubber dress from her a few weeks ago (Although it's not one that she made.)

I adore her, especially since she lets me touch her inappropriately. ;)