Sunday, April 23, 2006

First Weekend of Spring

Yesterday, was the first *real* weekend of spring. I did not have to work my retail job , so I had a full weekend off. The weather was beautiful, the sun was shining, and it was nothing but blue skies.

I met Becky at Laurel & 8th. We were going to walk over the overpass on 6th Avenue to Charleston Park. I had not been there in several years. We walked along the seawall on False Creek South towards Granville Island. We walked past the playground next to the water park. We walked by the marina to look at the sailboats and then had lunch at the market.

The market was bustling; many cars and suvs were circling and circling trying to find parking. We were relishing in the fact we walked over. We looked around Net Loft. I shopped in Paper-Ya. Then we checked out Creekhouse, including Rhinoceros Accessories, a First Nations arts store, and Dragonspace.

We walked along Johnston Street past the musician who plays a South American flute instrument, Emily Carr School, and Granville Island Hotel. We walked past the Community Centre and lay down on the grassy hill by the Canada flag pole.

In the evening, we made steak and salad and watched Derailed. It started off slow and predictable, but quickly picked up and became more interesting. The movie was better than I thought it would be. An enjoyable fun day and a relaxing night. I really relished every minute walking in the sunshine with the beams warming my face. I have made it through another dreary, bleak, and gray winter. Nothing but clear skies ahead!

No comments: