Friday, February 04, 2011

Dog gets prosthetic paw

A Tennessee couple's 9-year-old Siberian husky, Polo, was run over in the drive-way and the couple was faced with limited and expensive decisions regarding the pet's crushed paw. Expensive surgery costing upwards of thousands of dollars or amputate the leg and hope Polo could continue as a three-legged dog. Another alternative was to fit him for a prosthetic leg.

Link via Arbroath

 

Squirrel vs Obstacle Course



Link via BoingBoing

 

Google Autocomplete

Have you ever tried experimenting with Google autocomplete? You can come up with some very interesting (and surprising) searches. It also is funny how Google chooses to censor certain searches (illegal content, children, sexuality, etc.). But did you know it can be used to find out how to create meth, kidnap a child or make mustard gas?

Link via BoingBoing

 

Frozen Bubbles

I have seen a YouTube video of a women who throws a cup of boiling water in -30C air and the water instantly turns into snow. But what about frozen bubbles?



Photographer Tom Falconer

Link via Neatorama

 

Bob Staake's Look! A Book!

I am a huge fan of children's books every since my parents read me bedtime stories or took me to the local library. I am a huge fan of Richard Scary's books.



Bob Staake, a New Yorker illustrator, has published a new children's book titled Look! A Book! full of beautiful illustrations that any child would love as a gift.

 

2011 Best Picture Nominee Posters in Lego Form

I still a huge fan of Lego and thanks to the Internet I get to view and praise Lego animations and designs. Old Red Jalopy has created Lego revisions of the Best Picture Nominee posters for 2011. I think my favourite is the one for Winter's Bone.



Link via Next Movie

 

Simpsons Action Hero: The McBain Movie

I am a huge Simpsons fan. Recently, I watched the Simpsons Movie with director Matt Groening's and voice actor's commentary and it was fantastic. Their comments were full of insights, interesting facts, and original thoughts on the production of the movie.

Another fun fact about the Simpsons television series is if you arrange all the McBain clips together, you can form a four minute McBain movie.



Link via Neatorama

 

Listening to: Cyndi Lauper - Change of Heart

 

No comments: