Monday, September 14, 2009

Goodbye Patrick Swayze

I heard this afternoon Patrick Swayze passed away at age 57 after a lengthy battle with pancreatic cancer. It was a little eerie for me when I found out. I thought he had beat cancer and was on the road to recovery.

My mum passed away from pancreatic cancer at age 57.

I think of Robin, who is participating in a 3-day Breast Cancer Walk this weekend. She is 17 years cancer free. She walks for those who fought, survived and those who will battle cancer in the years to come.

Listening to: Patrick Swayze - She's Like the Wind

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear this sweetie. If there's anything I can do to make you feel better, please let me know. A phone call, taking a day off work to come over and visit, you name it...

Your Ibby
xoxo