Monday, March 05, 2007

Yuk Yuk's and Car Crash on Highway 1

Went to Yuk Yuk's again on Saturday with my old neighbour and her cousin and their boyfriends. I was the fifth wheel, but had a fantastic time.

We saw Erica Sigurdson with Patrick Maliha & Dan Quinn. All the comedians were hilarious and kept the jokes coming that were dirty, funny and downright non-stop laughable.

On Sunday, I went out to suburbia hell to visit my brother for a laundry date. After exhausting laundromat possibilities, we ended just doing laundry at his building. We took a break at Winner's and bought some cheap stuff we needed. The Abbotsford Winner's is gigantic.

Went over to our cousin's for a visit and I helped Kelly put together a Mario Lemieux puzzle. I miss puzzles; I used to do them all the time with my mum. We had Subway for dinner and then left. Short and sweet.

With all the slow process of getting back to Vancouver (my brother on the phone, the puzzle, dropping my brother off at his home, stopping for drinks at the gas station), we were understatedly stunned when we saw a car flipped over and the roof completely caved and perpendicular on the highway exit we were to take to get back to Vancouver.

We pulled over next to three other cars on the side road. I remembered to just breathe. Kelly remarked it was a good thing we kept side-tracking... we could have been involved in the car accident. We could not even fathom how the car ended up upside down and perpendicular.

We had seen one emergency vehicle pass by us at the gas station. On scene, the firemen were trying to give oxygen to the people trapped in the vehicle, but I imagined them to be somewhat ravaged.

Karma... Or someone was looking out for us that night.

Listening to: Ozzy Osbourne - Time After Time

 

No comments: