Monday, January 08, 2007

Left My Heart in San Francisco

I went down to San Francisco to spend 7 days through New Year's. I love San Fran. I have not been there in about three or four years. I find San Fran to be the most European city in the United States. It is about four times the size of Vancouver. The city has great culture, nightlife, shopping, and people.

I went to visit friends, whom I have not seen for over a year. I got to see live Blues at the Boom Boom Room, went to Japantown and bought a cast-iron teapot with blue dragonflies on it, stayed at the W Hotel next to the SFMOMA, shopped at and around Union Square, ate delicious dim sum at Yank Singh, and saw the Woman and Child from Burning Man 2005 at Pier 14.



I ate at Nara Sushi, Hobson's, Flipper's, Crepevine, and Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf. Sadly, Haight Street has turned into another Yuppie Mecca. I also walked in Golden Gate Park and around Stow Lake.

Spent New Year's with a wonderful group of people. We started the evening eating cheese and chocolate fondue. My first time and it was delicious! We continued the celebration by toasting champagne at a couple's condo in the Castro at midnight. I left the festivities early to sleep (yeah, well it was 1:30 am), while the others continued on with two other after-hours parties.

Overall, a wonderful and memorable year-end--one of the best I have had in a long time.

Listening to: Andain - Beautiful Things

 

No comments: